The Colour & Vision Group of the University of Alicante is an inter and multidisciplinary research team focused on colour science and technology, and visual perception and ergonomics, involved in the search of technological-scientific solutions where human vision performs an important role in the optimisation and development of industrial processes (even prototypes), and, visual comfort and security of leisure and work activities.
The Laboratory of Colour & Vision has a relevant infrastructure in scientific instruments and resources for specifying the visual, optical and colorimetric properties of any material (http://web.ua.es/en/gvc ). Its scientific-technological offer copes with the next issues for colour science and technology topic: spectral and colorimetric characterisation of special (luminescent, metallic, pearlescent, functional pigments) and normal materials; coloration of materials with conventional dyes and hybrid nano-pigments, and its optimisation by statistical design of experiments (DoE); digital colour reproduction, etc.
The workshop will explore upcoming projects and innovations within the pigment and colour space with reference to day to day applications.
Workshop: Colour Science & Applications – Exploring Upcoming Projects
- 1:00PM: Group arrives at University of Alicante Campus
- 1:10PM: Welcoming Optics Building [UA Vice President of Research & Knowledge Transfer]
- 1:20PM: EU BiRD project [Dr. Joaquin Campos, Senior Scientist, Institute of Optics, CSIC, Madrid – Spain]
- 1:45PM: UA spin-off company based on auto-healing resin [Prof. Dr. Jose Miguel Martin-Martinez, University of Alicante]
- 2:10PM: LUNCH
- 3:00PM: BBI EU program description [Alfonso Jiménez, University of Alicante]
- 3:10PM: EU BARBARA project [María Carmen Garrigós, University of Alicante]
- 3:25PM: Pro-active management of visual appearance of products: from the automotive sector to other industries (Francisco M. Martinez-Verdú, University of Alicante)
- 3:50PM: Tour of Colour Group Laboratories (Distributed in three small groups by rotation among sites inside the same building and conference hall)
- 4.10PM: Closing Remarks [Francisco M. Martinez-Verdú, University of Alicante]
- 4:15PM: Group departs University of Alicante
Tickets are just €199* in addition to your 2-day conference ticket.
Find out more
*Please note, you must have booked either a Pigment and Colour Science Forum or TiO2 World Summit conference ticket in order to attend the workshop. Places are limited so we recommend booking as soon as possible to avoid missing out.