The SVNC is robust and easy to use instrument which continuously monitors material cure from the liquid to the solid phase.
The SVNC is suitable for;
- cast elastomers
- flexible or rigid foams
- RTV and HTV silicones
- Polysulphide sealants
- Unsaturated polyester resins
- PF and UF resins
- Epoxy resins
- Acrylic resins
- PVC plastisols
The SVNC provides insights into viscous and elastic changes, is robust and simple to operate on both small and bulk samples. SVNC equipment can be utilised anywhere in the factory for quality control or research and development bringing with it true objectivity to cure monitoring for reliable, consistent and improved performance.
The benefits of using an SVNC include:
- True objectivity in cure profiling
- Provides insights hitherto only accessible by research instrumentation
- Ease of operation allows for routine screening
- PC-based system for archiving and data comparison
- Up to eight files can be compared on screen
- Problems with batch, mix or temperature control rapidly recognised
- Far less wastage, faster curing, better products
Profiling Liquid Polymer Cures
The SVNC is as a powerful tool for profiling liquid polymer cures, for cast elastomers, sealants, flexible and rigid foams, encapsulating resins, adhesives and coatings. The effects of formulation, mixing and temperature changes are all recorded. Cure development is monitored through a vibrating probe in a configuration which places very little constraint on sample shape or size and can accommodate expanding systems including free-rise foams. The instrument operates around the resonance condition and can be configured to track the amplitude resonance and resonance frequency during the cure.
Twin outputs of needle amplitude and frequency continuously measure the changes in the viscosity and elasticity of the material from free flowing liquid through to the final cured material – a facility previously only accessible via sophisticated – and expensive rheological instruments. The fully automatic stand allows the needle to be positioned to within 10 microns in the heat stage. Fast accurate needle positioning is a feature of the SVNC and facilitates reproducible results.
Disposable carbon needles and removable sample holders ensure ease of operation.
The Smithers Rapra SVNC provides processors with measurable benefits:
- Gives information and reproducible results
- Enhances finished product quality
- Aids process control and optimisation
- Supports compliance with ISO standards
- It is proven, reliable and versatile
For guidance with SVNC please get in touch with our featured expert.