Missed this webinar? Download the proceedings by filling in the form at the bottom of this article.
On Wednesday 22 February, Smithers Rapra, Victrex and Magma Global will host a free webinar concerning the use of novel PEEK polymer systems for thermoplastic composite pipes (TCPs) in subsea environments.
The webinar will cover the engineering, performance and commercial benefits of Victrex PEEK polymer based Magma m-pipe with a focus upon SURF, subsea jumpers and subsea connectivity. The qualification process followed will be described as well as some of the less well known properties of PEEK polymer which make it an excellent fit for this application space.
Dr Geoff Small, Energy Market Technology Manager at Victrex, will be joined by Dr David Charlesworth, Head of Engineering at Magma Global, to present this wide ranging webinar on a very different application space for a polymer which is already very well-known and used in the industry.
What will it cover?
The webinar will consist of a 45-minute presentation, followed by a 15-minute Q&A session. Topics covered in the presentation will include:
- The specific and unique demands of oil & gas transportation systems on polymers and composites and how PEEK polymers meet these challenges
- Qualification for PEEK-based m-pipe
- The engineering, performance, risk and cost reduction opportunities through using m-pipe
- The durability of PEEK polymers in thermoplastic composite pipes for subsea oil & gas environments
- Wednesday 22 February 2017
- 4pm CET / 3pm GMT / 10am EDT / 7am PDT
- Speakers: Dr Geoff Small, Energy Market Technology Manager, Victrex | Dr David Charlesworth Head of Engineering, Magma Global