Below are full business terms for Smithers Information Limited. You can also find full conditions of business for Smithers Rapra and Smithers Pira Limited as a downloadable PDF at the foot of this page.
(1) All contracts for the supply of goods and/or other services by Smithers Information Limited (“Smithers Information”) to any person, firm or company (the “Client”, “member company” or “you” hereunder) shall be subject to these terms and conditions which shall apply to the exclusion of any terms and conditions of the Client whether in the order (for the goods/services) or in any negotiation. By placing an order with Smithers Information, Client expressly accepts Smithers Information’s terms and conditions and payment terms.
(2) No variation or amendment of these terms and conditions shall be made unless expressly agreed in writing by a duly authorised representative of Smithers Information.
(3) Smithers Information will send an acknowledgement of order as soon as it is received into the Smithers Information order system [and at this point the contract will come into existence.
(4) Credit card details and personal information is communicated using a secure internet link with SSL encryption. Smithers do not store credit card information. Smithers Information is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Visit Privacy-Policy for full details.
Conferences and Events
(1) The conference fee includes entry to the conference sessions, documentation, and appropriate refreshments. Fees do not include delegates travel and accommodation. All credit card orders are processed at GBP exchange rate at the time the transaction is processed.
(2) Credit card payment or letter of credit as determined by Smithers Information is required for bookings for conferences to be accepted. Payment must be received in full 10 days prior to the conference. Smithers Information reserves the right to refuse conference entry if payment has not been received.
(3) Cancellations will be accepted and fees refunded (less handling charges as described below) only if made in writing and received more than 15 working days before the event starts.
16-30 working days inclusive – 50% handling fee applies
More than 30 working days before event – 25% handling fee applies. Bookings cannot be cancelled nor fees refunded after that time in case of non-attendance for any reason and any amounts invoiced but not yet paid will become due. Substitutions may be made at any time. Please notify the event co-ordinator. If an invoice has been issued but funds have not yet been received, the cancellation policy still applies.
(4) Smithers Information does not accept liability for any loss of or damage to the personal effects of delegates attending the conference,
(5) Smithers Information reserves the right to cancel, defer or alter the proceedings without prior notice.
(6) Delegate requiring visas should request a visa invitation letter from Smithers Information at the time of registering for the event, ensuring that sufficient time is left for applications to be completed. Delegates are responsible for contacting the relevant embassy directly.
(7) Delegate requiring visas should request a visa invitation letter from Smithers Information at the time of registering for the event, ensuring that sufficient time is left for applications to be completed. Delegates are responsible for contacting the relevant embassy directly.
(8) Smithers Information reserves the right to make reference to delegate companies and use delegate company lists and logos in promotional material.
(9) The statements, views and opinions expressed by conference speakers, sponsors or delegates are their own and do not necessarily represent those of Smithers Information.
(10) Whether with respect to a conference or otherwise, any unauthorized use of the names, logos, trademarks or other intellectual property of Smithers Information or its affiliates is strictly prohibited.
(11) All prices are quoted and payable in USD (for events taking place in US, Canada and Latin America) and GBP or Euros (for events in Europe and the rest of the world) exclusive of shipping costs and tax which are to be paid by the Client where applicable unless specifically agreed otherwise.
(12) Different prices may be quoted to members and non-members. If the Client’s membership lapses for any reason then the price payable will be that applicable to a non-member without any apportionment in respect of the period of membership.
Publications and Reports
(1) Items which are in stock will endeavour to ship in 3 working days. Publications not available will be ordered and sent as soon as they become available. Please note that during holiday periods, delivery times can be affected. Goods are usually received within 3 working days in the UK and 7-10 working days in Europe and ROW.
(2) Receipt of PDF version of market reports shall be deemed completion of the sale in all cases irrespective of whether a hard copy is also to be provided.
(3) Post and packing charges as on the website are - £10 per order up to a maximum of 10 books, Europe including Eire - £10 per book, ROW - £20 per book.
(4) If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, Smithers Information will issue a full refund for the price paid for the item provided you contact customer services within 7 days of receipt and return any items in original condition at customer’s risk. This does not apply to market reports. Customer services will advise on how you should return the items.
Should you have any questions, please contact us via the email at email@example.com
Payment must be received prior to attending the event and can be paid in £ Sterling, € Euro or US $. NB: Credit card payments can only be taken in £ Sterling, unless payment is made online via our secure payment system.
The Course/Seminar Fee includes training course/seminar lecture notes lunches and refreshments. Accommodation is not included in the fee.
Joining instructions i.e. a letter of confirmation, directions and hotel information will be sent upon receipt of your registration. Please contact the training administrator if you have not received these within 7 days of registration.
1. Cancellation terms for Courses/Seminars held at Shawbury:
- Cancellations made up to 14 days or more before the requested course/seminar date will be refunded, less a 20% administration fee.
- Cancellations made within 14 days of the course/seminar date will be subject to the FULL course fee and no refund will be given.
2. Smithers Rapra cannot be held responsible for delegate cancellations and 'no-shows' arising from situations beyond its control, e.g. failures to travel or attend owing to cancelled flights, missed connections, weather conditions, strikes etc., emergency or illness. Smithers Rapra may, at its discretion provide a substitute event, or alternative date, if available.
Delegate Substitutions can be made at any time without incurring extra charge.
Transfers to later Course/Seminar Dates - this option only applies when more than one date is offered for the same course/seminar.
- Requests to transfer to a later course/seminar date made up to 14 days or more before the requested course date will be accommodated, subject to availability of places on the new course/seminar date.
- Requests to transfer to a later course/seminar date made within 14 days of the course date will be regarded as a cancellation and subject to the FULL course fee and no refund will be given.
- The option to transfer can be used only once, after which non-attendance will be treated as a cancellation and all outstanding invoices will be due.
Amendments to Programmes - Smithers Rapra reserves the right to cancel or modify any event in its programme. In the event of a cancellation where an alternative cannot be provided, payment received in respect of that course will be refunded in full. The liability of Smithers Rapra is limited to the reimbursement of the course/seminar fee.