Publications T&Cs | Events T&Cs | Web Seminar T&Cs | Market Reports T&Cs
Our Testing Services T&Cs are available as a PDF download below.
Terms and Conditions
1.1 Privacy and Security. Your order will always be handled in a confidential and professional manner. If you order on this web site your payment will be processed on a secure server. We do not give nor sell its client data to any other third party.
1.2 Customer Service. Our customer services personnel will always be available to handle any queries you may have about your order. Please contact Cal Parkinson, Sales Assistant to progress your Order: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 01939 252313.
- Delivery Times
- Books are usually dispatched by courier service on standard delivery terms. Orders are normally dispatched within 48 working hours of receipt. Books for delivery within Europe and North America are usually delivered within 3-5 working days*. Books for delivery outside of Europe and North America are usually delivered within 5-7 working days* (*all delivery times subject to stock availability).
- Rush delivery may be available for your order – please contact email@example.com if you would like to upgrade your delivery (subject to availability and payment of additional fees – see below).
- Delivery Costs
- Standard delivery costs within the UK are £6 ($10/€9) per order
- Standard delivery costs outside of the UK are £8.50/$13/€10 per item
- Rush delivery is available at £25 per order – if you want to find out about upgrading your delivery terms please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.4 Cancellation of Orders. For normal stock items you can cancel your order up to 30 days after you make it. If you want to cancel an order you must send an e-mail message to email@example.com stating your Order details and the reason for cancellation.
Confirmation of your cancelled order will be made by our Sales Team and the cancellation becomes effective when you receive that confirmation. If you cancel your order before we despatch any books your credit card will be refunded in full. Normally we would despatch the books to you within 48 hours of your order.
1.5 Returns. Books may be returned for full refund within 60 days of purchase - books must be returned in an acceptable condition for re-sale. Once the book has been received in the condition it was sent, Credits shall then be processed. Purchaser pays freight for return shipment.
2.1 Payment must be received prior to attending the event and can be paid in £ Sterling, € Euro or US $.
2.2 The Course/Seminar/Conference Fee includes training course/seminar lecture notes or conference proceedings, lunches and refreshments.
2.3 Accommodation is not included in the fee.
2.4 Joining instructions i.e. a letter of confirmation, directions and hotel information will be sent upon receipt of your registration.
- Cancellation terms for Courses/Seminars held at Shawbury
- Cancellations made up to 14 days or more before the requested course/seminar date will be refunded, less a 20% administration fee.
- Cancellations made within 14 days of the course/seminar date will be subject to the FULL course fee and no refund will be given.
- Cancellation terms for Conferences and Courses/Seminars held at venues other than Shawbury:
- Cancellations made up to 28 days or more before the requested course/seminar date will be refunded, less a 20% administration fee.
- Cancellations made within 28 days of the course/seminar date will be subject to the FULL course fee and no refund will be given.
- Smithers Rapra can not be held responsible for delegate cancellations and 'no-shows' arising from situations beyond its control, e.g. failures to travel or attend owing to cancelled flights, missed connections, weather conditions, strikes etc., emergency or illness. Smithers Rapra may, at its discretion provide a substitute event, or alternative date if available.
2.6 Delegate Substitutions can be made at any time without incurring extra charge.
2.7 Transfers to later Course/Seminar Dates - this option only applies when more than one date is offered for the same course/seminar and does not apply to Conferences.
- Requests to transfer to a later course/seminar date made up to 14 days or more before the requested course date will be accommodated, subject to availability of places on the new course/seminar date.
- Requests to transfer to a later course/seminar date made within 14 days of the course date will be regarded as a cancellation and subject to the FULL course fee and no refund will be given.
- The option to transfer can be used only once, after which non-attendance will be treated as a cancellation and all outstanding invoices will be due.
2.8 Amendments to Programmes - Smithers Rapra reserve the right to cancel or modify any event in its programme. In the event of a cancellation where an alternative cannot be provided, payment received in respect of that course will be refunded in full. The liability of Smithers Rapra is limited to the reimbursement of the course/seminar/conference fee.
Your registration order is completed at the moment of validation of your payment. For speed and ease of administration, credit card payment is required. You will receive a link to register into the Web Seminar via email from Smithers Rapra after your payment has been verified.
By ticking the button 'I agree to the terms and conditions of sale' on the checkout page of the shopping cart you are agreeing to be bound by the terms featured here.
All participation fees are stated in GBP but you may pay in GBP, Euro or USD by using the 'change currency' feature in the checkout page of the shopping cart.
Smithers Rapra will not be held accountable for any additional costs linked to participating in the Web Seminar, including, but not limited to telephone and internet connection fees.
To fully participate in the web seminar you will need a computer with an internet connection and either a separate telephone line or a VOIP headset (recommended). It is recommended that you view the System Requirements section of the Web Seminar Description page to before registering for the Web Seminar.
Occasionally a company's internal Firewall will prevent the downloading of the Web Seminar software (Citrix Go To Meeting/ Webinar) for this reason it is strongly recommended that you try the Connection Wizard link from the Web Seminar Description page to establish whether your computer will allow access to the software.
You can cancel your order at any time prior to the Web Seminar by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations made the before the date of the Web Seminar will be charged at 30% of the total order price.
- Cancellations made after the presentation slides have been sent will be charged at 50% of the total order price.
- All cancellations made on or after the date of the Web Seminar will be charged at the full amount of the order price.
Cancellation of Web Seminar by Smithers Rapra
Smithers Rapra reserves the right to cancel any web seminar. In the event of such cancellation Smithers Rapra will notify you as soon as possible. Where an alternative cannot be provided, or if you are unable to participate on the substitute date, the web seminar fee will be refunded in full.
All materials contained in the Web Seminar presentation as well as the transcript of the presentations and downloads provided after the Web Seminar are protected by Copyright law of the United Kingdom and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Smithers Rapra. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content.
Disclaimer of warranties
Smithers Rapra makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of the information provided during/after the Web Seminar. Content is provided upon the condition that you will make your own determination as to its suitability for purposes prior to use.
We will send you an acknowledgement of your order as soon as we have received your confirmed order.
All prices are quoted in Pounds Sterling. Accepted forms of payment are stated on the Online Transaction Clearance form.
As of January 1st 2014, customers will have the choice of two options for market reports: electronic only and electronic plus hardcopy
- Electronic only (PDF) £3,950
- Electronic plus hardcopy (inclusive of delivery) £4,000
In addition, as of January 1st 2014, customers may need to pay VAT depending on the delivery address of the market report
- UK - customers will need to pay VAT
- Europe - customers will need to provide their EC VAT No. to be exempt from VAT.
- Outside Europe - customers will not be charged VAT
VAT is currently is 20% for the United Kingdom.
Credit card details and personal information is stored using a secure internet link using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption.
Items which are in stock will be despatched by the following working day. Where orders are placed for more than one item including some which are in stock and some which need to be ordered, we will send the available books immediately. The books not available will be recorded and sent as soon as they become available. Please note that during holiday periods delivery times can be effected. Most of the despatch services we use incur delays over Christmas and bank holidays, for example. The bookshop is closed between Christmas and the New Year, so order processing can be up to 2 weeks slower at this time.
Post and Packing
Post and packing charges are as follows:
- UK orders: £8 per order* (*up to a maximum of 10 books)
- Europe (includes Republic of Ireland): £8 per book
- ROW: £10 per book
Please note: This will change as of January 1st, 2014. See VAT section above.
Our normal delivery method in the UK for packages is Parcelforce. For deliveries to Europe and ROW we use a courier service.
You can normally expect to receive your goods within:
3 working days - UK
7-10 working days Europe and ROW
At Smithers Pira we want you to be delighted every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we know you may want to return items. Our "no quibbles" guarantee means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item*.
*Providing you contact our customer services (details below) within 7 days of receiving your goods and are able to return any items in original condition. Please note - this does not apply to market reports.
If you are returning an item because of an error on our part, we will be happy to refund the delivery charges incurred in sending the item to you and your costs in returning it to us. Otherwise you will be responsible for those charges.
To return an item:
BEFORE returning any items to us, please contact our customer services (details below) within 7 days of receiving your goods and let us know what the problem is. We will also be able to advise you on the best method of return. To return an item, please enclose a note giving the reason for the return, wrap the package securely and send the package to the customer service address below. For your protection we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service. This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
By completing the registration form you are agreeing to be bound by the cancellation terms and conditions of registration.