The molecular weight and structure of a polymer influences processing behaviour and physical properties of the finished product. Understanding your polymer is essential for novel polymer synthesis and development, or good material performance.
Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC), also known as Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC) is the best technique to characterise the whole polymer distribution.
Our extensive capability and expertise allows Smithers Rapra to characterise most polymer types. Each request we receive is in some way unique. Smithers Rapra experts will discuss with you the best approach to your issue.
Using our state-of-the-art facilities, our expert team will employ these techniques to help you:
- Understand the fundamental composition and structure of your polymer, polymerisation and catalysis processes.
- Analyse polymer degradation
- Contribute to diagnosis of material or product failure
- Realise batch to batch variance and quality control for polymer production and processing
- Assist in a material selection exercise
- Assist to provide data necessary to support registration of new product as a polymer
You can view further GPC / SEC service information, including primers and application notes below:
Our experts in Chemical Analysis are on hand to help
Please click on the featured experts to contact us for a quote or more information