Our laboratories can perform various standard and custom hose and tube testing services, including but not limited to:
- Pressure, Vibration, and Temperature evaluations
- Dynamic fatigue
- Fluid Compatibility
- Air and liquid cycling
- Static, circulated or impulse pressure (high and low pressure)
- Burst testing
- Vacuum testing
- Electro dynamic shaker
- Material identification (fingerprint)
- Servo-hydraulics capabilities (tensile, strength, vibration, etc.)
- Material identification for liner and jacket materials
- 3-A Sanitary Standards testing
Types of rubber and plastic hose products tested in our labs:
- Tubing / hoses
- Fittings / couplings
- Automotive components
- Consumer goods
- Reinforced polymer goods
- Fluid systems
Common Automotive Hose Evaluations Performed in our Lab:
Rubber Hose Testing - ASTM D380
Smithers Rapra can test to uniform test standards for rubber hoses. Read more about ASTM D380.
Coupling Testing for Liquid Fuel and Vapor / Emissions Systems - SAE J2044 and SAE J2045
Smithers Rapra tests to meet the functional requirements for quick connect couplings used for supply return, and vapor / emission fuel system connections. Read more about SAE J2044 testing.
Hose Seal Connection Testing - SAE J1610
Smithers Rapra can test to uniform procedures for evaluating the sealing capability of hose connections during a PVT test facility. Read more about SAE J1610 testing.
Want to learn about industrial hose testing services? Click here.