Medical and Pharmaceutical
Smithers Rapra supports Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical companies with expert advice, troubleshooting and testing services for containers used within these industries. This includes primary container closure systems such as metered dose inhalers, prefilled syringes, secondary packaging and single use systems e.g. bioprocessing containers.
Smithers Rapra laboratories are ISO17025 UKAS accredited, and FDA registered. We are also members of International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) and the Bioprocessing Systems Alliance (BPSA).
Expert support to develop and validate safe and effective products
Reduce risk and time to market with expert testing and consultative support:
Smithers Rapra and sister company Smithers Pira regularly work with clients developing drug delivery devices, single use systems, medical and pharmaceutical packaging. We provide expert technical and regulatory support. From routine materials testing to product or process characterisation and development, failure diagnosis or expert witness consultancy – we can help. Our experienced team will provide advice, guidance and recommendations as well as delivering test data and supporting global regulatory submissions.
- Materials selection, failure investigations, durability assessments and testing
- Chemical Analysis
- Extractables and Leachables
- Device verification and characterisation
- Integrity testing: product and pack
- Simulated use
- Dose accuracy
- Pre-shipment testing
- support with damage reduction, validation and qualification
- Transit studies
- Materials processing support
- e.g. compound development, offline trials, prototyping, injection flow moulding analysis
Further services are offered by Smithers group sister companies
- Smithers Avanza: Toxicology, vaccine testing, and large molecule bioanalytical services
- Smithers Viscient: Environmental testing and regulatory services
Contact us >