Smithers Rapra's UK labroatories are accredited as a both a testing laboratory certificate number 0067 and a calibration laboratory certificate number 0306, in accordance with the recognised International Standard ISO 17025:2005.
This accreditation covers the operation of a quality management system and demonstrates technical competence for the range of activities specified in our schedules of accreditation.
The schedules bear the same numbers as the certificates and the most recent issues are available from the UKAS website at www.ukas.org.
The 2005 version of the ISO17025 standard was aligned with ISO 9001:2000. Testing and calibration laboratories that operate under quality systems accredited by UKAS are also operating in accordance with ISO 9001.
UKAS has an explicit duty to act in the public interest and their accreditation is a demonstration of Smithers Rapra’s competence, impartiality and capability, both in the UK and internationally.
Smithers Rapra Quality Policy
Smithers Rapra is committed to providing independent, high quality accurate testing and analysis services, delivered on time, employing good professional practice. The Smithers Rapra Quality Management System has been constructed to ensure that services are performed in compliance with ISO 17025:2005 and is monitored to improve its effectiveness.
Smithers Rapra Quality Objectives
The Quality Objectives of Smithers Rapra are as follows:
- Continual improvement of customer satisfaction;
- Provision of accurate results and data;
- On time delivery of services;
- Ongoing compliance with ISO 17025:2005 and additional regulatory and industry standards according to our customer requirements;
- Suitably qualified and trained staff, who are aware of their role and responsibilities within the quality system;
- Fully calibrated test equipment;
- Documented procedures for all aspects of work;
- Monitoring and review of performance.
To accommodate the varying needs of different customers it is often necessary to comply with a broad range of quality requirements in addition to the fundamentals of ISO 17025:2005. Our hybrid Quality Management System enables Smithers Rapra to go beyond compliance for all our customers.
For more information or expert support, please contact us.