Plastic materials are often used in engineering applications where reliable and consistent performance is critically important. But their failure can have damaging and expensive consequences. Understanding the cause can assist in rectifying the issue, limiting the damage and avoiding future failures.
This one day course will commence at 9am and end at 4.30pm.
It will provide an overview of material properties, selection, failure mechanisms and methods used to investigate failure.
- Basic understanding of plastic materials and their key properties.
- Grounding in the principles of specification and selection of plastic materials based on service requirements.
- Knowledge of how plastic materials and components can fail.
- The ability to recognise key modes of plastic component failure.
- An introduction to the methodology employed in order to investigate plastic failure.