This course will take place over two days, commencing at 9.15am on the first day and finishing at 4pm on the second day.
This course provides a comprehensive view of both the constituents of all the various forms of PU available in the market today, and the methodology that should be used to make products with optimum properties.
There is a significant amount of chemistry used to explain the many mechanisms in place that help processors to achieve the extraordinary range of forms and properties provided by this chemistry.
Polyurethane chemistry will be described along with the numeric methodology needed to rapidly build knowledge of the structure property relationship in the application under scrutiny. Use of rapid learning techniques such as design of experiments will be covered.
The course is aimed at individuals who already have an understanding of the basic constituents of PU, but who wish to look deeper into how to use polyurethane science and technology. This course would also suit individuals who have in depth experience of polymer chemistry and are new to Polyurethane.
- Best practice formulation methodology, using DOE, and software
- Plenty of tips on achieving rapid results in research and development projects.
- In depth chemical understanding of polyurethane constituents and the additives which give them functionality.
- A broader understanding of the whole PU industry to help conversations with clients, customers and colleagues.
- An appreciation of the processes carried out to apply polyurethanes.