As the drive to reduce the environmental impact of waste plastics continues, plastics recycling rate targets are rising, numerous initiatives are underway and regulations are being reviewed.
This comprehensive course covers all aspects of plastics recycling, the regulations affecting it, the novel technological processes that have been developed to re-use the material and the possible alternatives to recycling.
The course will equip delegates with the knowledge to understand this complex subject, to make informed recycling strategy choices and make the most of the opportunities which exist within the industry.
- Gain a broad overview of all aspects of plastics recycling.
- Understand the options available for the re-use of waste plastic to produce a wide range of commercial products.
- Insight into the economic viability of plastics recycling and the factors that will influence its future growth and development.
- Gain an understanding of the different technologies available for the decontamination and separation of plastic waste.
- Appreciate the differences between mechanical and chemical recycling techniques, their applicability and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Understand how food grade products can be produced from waste plastic and what tests are required to meet FDA and EU regulations.
- Understand how to assess the quality of recycled plastic, its processability and the properties of the products that are manufactured from it.