Product failure can be a costly occurrence, and is often preventable at this stage. However, with thousands of materials to specify from along with hundreds of other variables to consider - from product end-use to environmental factors - expert guidance is often required to understand the nuances between seemingly similar options.
Our skilled team is on hand to support companies during product design.
Smithers Rapra design services include:
- A design evaluation including Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) to identify potential weaknesses.
- Process analysis, with suggestions for optimisation if needed.
- Providing an estimation of the expected life span of the product.
- Risk assessment of potential hazards.
- Actionable corrective advice on how to rectify any weaknesses found.
Our laboratories are UKAS registered and ISO 17025 certified.
For design guidance please get in touch with our featured expert.