We provide a comprehensive range of investigative services for litigation cases, covering:
- Material failure
- Product and component failure
- Design flaws
- Incorrect manufacture
- Unexpected deterioration or misuse.
An Independent review from a Company you can trust:
In the past 25 years, Smithers Rapra has undertaken over 5,000 product failure investigations. Our Consultancy team comprises of a range of experts:
- Material Engineers
- Polymer Chemists
- Rubber Specialists
- Manufacturing Consultants
Typically, each expert has over 20 years’ experience in their field.
Meet our Expert Witness team >
We provide Expert Witness services for a wide range of industries, including:
We offer a comprehensive investigative process:
Failure can often result from the combined effect of many factors. So, our failure investigations often involve a multidisclipinary approach to find the cause, including:
- Microscopic examination
- Chemical analysis of material (including additives)
- Material degradation analysis (polymer molecular distribution)
- Thermal analysis
- Manufacturing process audit (including potential computer simulation)
- Mechanical testing (including 'real life' simulation to replicate service conditions)
Test programmes are individually designed, and tailored to each project.
Our physical testing and chemical analysis laboratories are UKAS accredited to ISO17025.