As vehicle and tire manufacturers look to develop smarter tracking technology within tires, testing requirements will continue to evolve. From tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) and radio frequency identification sensors (RFID) to tread depth sensors and beyond, an increasing number of sophisticated mechanisms are being developed to withstand the harsh conditions of road travel while maintaining full functionality. With all these leaps forward, the tire is becoming a valuable data source that will drive advanced, assisted, and autonomous vehicle technologies for years to come.
In an upcoming 45-minute webinar, Smithers Rapra test engineer Kyle Goodrich will discuss the various considerations for testing sensors and other monitoring components as well as full tire assembly.
Topics that will be covered:
- A review of various sensors within a standard tire.
- Common conditions experienced in operation.
- An overview of common TPMS testing standards.
- Evaluation of sensor performance in whole tire testing.
- Strategies for developing the most effective testing program.
The webinar will take place on Thursday, July 27, at 11:00 a.m. EDT. To register for the webinar and learn more about Goodrich, visit the webinar page.