The event will take place on December 5-7, 2018, at the Crowne Plaza Old Town Alexandria in Alexandria, Virginia.
E-cigarettes and other ENDS were only invented 15 years ago, in 2003. The ENDS industry is already valued at $5.4 billion and projected to grow to a $50 billion market by 2025. More than 500 brands of ENDS are currently being sold, with over 7700 flavors and fragrances available and more added every month.
“The ENDS market is exploding, but the market was largely unregulated as recently as 2014, and regulatory bodies are still working to establish parameters. Both the United States Food and Drug Administration and the European Commission released some guidelines in 2016, but there are more to come,” said Amy Szymanski, Conference Producer, Smithers Rapra. “This conference is a chance to hear more about where the industry is headed from fellow experts. We’re looking for abstracts on some of the hot topics as well as other ideas our attendees have.”
Some suggested topics of abstracts include:
- FDA Regulations and PMTA compliance
- Submission process and protocols for approval of e-cigarettes
- Testing standards and best practices
- New products: challenges and opportunities
- New ingredients and components
- Recent case studies
- Advancement in electronic device technology
- Consumer trends and the influence of flavors, additives, and aromas
Abstract submissions are due by Friday, August 3. To submit an abstract or join the mailing list, visit the conference website: