Missed this webinar? Download the proceedings by filling in the form below.
On Wednesday 9 March, Smithers Rapra and Victrex will host a free webinar looking at the standard test methods for assessing high-performance polymers (and in particular, polyaryletherketones) in hot and sour environments.
The online workshop will outline how test procedures are open to some interpretation, and published results can sometimes be incomplete or inconclusive.
Dr Geoff Small, Energy Market Technology Manager at Victrex, will be joined by Dr Alexandra Torgersen, Consultant at Alexandra Torgersen Engineering, to present data generated on Victrex PEEK 450G polymer in various environments, to demonstrate Victrex best practice for an assessment of lifetime in service. They will also cover the potential pitfalls of data that is frequently inconclusive.
What will it cover?
The webinar will consist of a 45-minute presentation, followed by a 15-minute Q&A session. Topics covered in the presentation will include:
- How short-term data can lead to overly optimistic estimates of lifetime
- NORSOK M710 testing protocol: is modulus a useful parameter?
- What to look out for to ensure a “safe usage window”
- Assessing long-term performance.
- Oil and gas: Assessing polymer performance in hot and sour environments
- Wednesday 9 March 2016
- 4pm CET / 3pm GMT / 11am EDT / 8am PDT
- Speakers: Dr Geoff Small, Energy Market Technology Manager, Victrex
- Dr Alexandra Torgersen, Consultant, Alexandra Torgersen Engineering