- The total size of the liquid paperboard market in 2023 is projected to be 4.1 million tonnes
- The market is forecast to grow to 4.9 million tonnes by 2028
- Liquid dairy products make up over 70% of the market by volume in 2023.
The liquid paperboard market includes food service products made from food and cupstock board (FCS) and liquid packaging board (LPB) materials used in a range of packaging applications. The major end-use markets for liquid packaging board are quantified and segmented, with discussion of the key trends affecting demand for the end-use products, as well as the consumption of liquid packaging board in these markets.
This report provides paper and board manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, converters and raw material suppliers with a definitive guide for business planning.
Our exclusive content
What will you discover?
- Five-year global forecasts for liquid paperboard consumption segmented by paper stock, end-use application, geographic region, and leading national market
- Quantitative data for the value of the liquid paperboard market to 2028
- Over 200 tables and figures of exclusive industry data capturing the future size of the liquid paperboard market.
The Smithers methodology
- Comprehensive analysis of current and future global demand for liquid paperboard, liquid packaging board and food & cupstock board segmented by material, end-use application, geographic and key national market
- The major technological changes that will affect this demand over the medium term
- Profiles and insight into recent business activity of the 17 most significant companies in this sector.
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of targeted interviews with material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
Who should buy the report?
About the author
- Raw material suppliers
- Liquid paperboard manufacturers
- Equipment manufacturers
- Brand owners and retailers
- Consultants and analysts
Philip Carder is a food safety and packaging consultant with over 30 years’ industry experience in food and beverage packaging across Europe, Middle East and North America. He has a bachelors degree in Microbiology and Biochemical Engineering from UCL and an MBA from the Open University. With practical expertise in aseptic systems, validation protocols, flexible and rigid packaging and value engineering, Philip’s specialism is in helping brands to reduce their carbon footprint and adapting existing packaging solutions to circular requirements. He works as a freelance consultant for Smithers, delivering research projects and market reports.