Expert Support throughout the Product Lifecycle
Smithers Rapra provides independent rubber and plastic materials analysis to clients operating in a wide range of industries. Our analytical services can be requested individually or as part of a more extensive consulting project.
We help clients understand, manage, and improve the performance of their materials and products using a range of analytical techniques together with expert interpretation of results, guidance, and advice. Our skilled chemical analysis team will work with you to understand your needs and recommend or develop an appropriate test program. There are very few requests we would consider to be routine – each request is in some way unique and is treated with the sensitivity and confidentiality it deserves.
Our end-to-end product lifecycle support includes:
- Identification and assay of raw materials
- Material characterization
- Quality control
- Contaminant analysis
- Failure analysis
- Analysis of chemical blooms
- Polymer molecular weight characterisation
- Dilute solution viscometry of polymers
- Finished product testing
- Compliance with regulatory standards
- Composition of recycled materials
- Measurement of extractables and leachables
- Expert witness service
- Method development and validation
We offer a range of techniques that examine the chemical and physical properties of numerous materials and compounds:
- Base polymers: elastomers, plastics, and natural polymers
- Compounds: rubbers, thermoplastics, and thermosetting formulations
- Additives: anti-degradants, anti-oxidants, curatives, extenders, fillers, and plasticizers
- Products: adhesives, coatings, composites, inks, lacquers, laminates, plastisols, or other product with a polymeric component
The Smithers Rapra chemical analysis team works with clients in a range of industries including: automotive, tire, bioscience, construction, consumer products, materials recycling, medical device, packaging, petroleum, pharmaceutical and polymer manufacturing industries.
Projects and tests are also conducted for universities and US, European, and UK Government Agencies.
For more information or to request a quote, please contact us.