These techniques can obtain detailed compositional information and bring clarification and understanding to a wide range of materials issues.
Examples of applications include:
- Polymer type confirmation of rubbers, plastics and thermoplastic elastomers
- Near surface reflectance analysis by ATR / HATR FTIR
- Identification of material additives and fillers
- Identification of particulate inclusion contaminants by FTIR microspectroscopy
- Identification of multilayer laminate films by FTIR microspectroscopy
- UV transmittance and absorbance testing
- Quantification of UV-active compounds (containing a chromophore)
- Quantification of migratory primary aromatic amines extracted from food packaging materials
- Specific migration of formaldehyde from food packaging materials
In some instances FTIR and UV-Vis analysis provides an initial material assessment followed by more detailed and sensitive analysis using other techniques available at Smithers Rapra.
Our experts in Chemical Analysis are here to help
Please click on the featured experts to contact us for a quote or more information