Standard friction rubber sliders are required in slip resistance instruments for roads, flooring and sports surfaces as well as friction apparatus. We also supply rubber to comply with particular specifications.
Rubber Sliders Supplied include:
The slider names provide their hardness value.
- Standard rubber sliders are 76 ± 1.0 mm X 25.4 ± 1.0 mm x 6.35 ± 0.5 mm and can be supplied as a replacement rubber to be adhered to a backing plate or as a slider/backing plate assembly.
- Slider 96 (Four S) was developed as a hard shoe heel material and is still the primary test rubber when evaluating internal flooring materials for pedestrian use.
- Slider 55 (TRRL rubber) was developed as a soft tire compound to assess the skid resistance of roads but is now used to simulate the soft sole of shoe material found on athletic type shoes and has even been used as a substitute for skin when evaluating swimming pool surrounds.
- Sliders can be supplied in single units, loose or mounted on an aluminum base plate.
- Custom sizes and thicknesses can be supplied.
To find our more or order Reference Materials, contact our featured expert