Bushings and Mounts
A bushing is a cylindrical component designed to support a shaft or axle in order to reduce friction and wear, guide motion, or provide structural support.
When carefully tested to optimize performance, bushings or mounts contribute to smooth machinery operation and a comfortable driving experience by softening vibration and noise.
The experts at Smithers Rapra have the expertise needed to recommend and carry out standard and custom testing packages for bushings and mounts in alignment with your specific needs. Our testing services include:
- Aerospace and automotive uses
- Dynamic deflection
- Frequency of vibration and compression
- Load versus displacement
- Metal adhesion test
- Static deflection
- Testing material with physical tests
Common Evaluations Performed in our Lab:
- ANSI ISO 2956 – Elastomers – General Requirements for Dynamic Testing
- ASTM D5991 – Standard Practice for Separation and Identification of Poly(Vinyl Chloride) (PVC) Contamination in Poly(Ethylene Terephthalate) (PET) Flake
- OEM specifications